What is medical malpractice and when do you need it?
Fort Lauderdale medical malpractice lawyer helps victims to file patient injury lawsuits against doctors, hospitals and other treatment providers. Medical malpractice occurs when a health care provider provides treatment that is below the recognized standard of care in the community.”
Here are tips to do if you are a victim of medical malpractice, you need to follow the steps below:
- Create a list of all the events that took place leading up to the event or alleged malpractice.
- Request copies of your records.Consult a reliable legal expert to know the next step to take.
- If possible, visit your medical provider and get copies of your medical records.
- Plan to file the lawsuit early enough because the statute of limitations may be as early as two years from the day the malpractice occurred.
- Give us a call immediately at 954-784-0800
At the law offices of Ken Frankel, we advice victims and their families to get expert legal advice first in order to know if they have a case. During our free consultation, we meet with the victim or their family in order to try and determine who is at fault.
How we determine who is at fault
People often believe that they have a case if something went wrong during treatment. This may or may not be true. You’ll need a Fort Lauderdale medical malpractice attorney to prove that the medical professional was negligent in their actions.
Some of the most common cases we have dealt with at Ken M Frankel have been of victims who were injured in one of the following ways
- During diagnosis
- Failure of medical equipment
- Errors when giving anesthesia
- Cancer treatment
- Birth and labor
- Victims who were not given adequate information regarding the risks involved in treatment and other alternative methods of treating their condition.
We can help you prove your case by making use of your medical report which we consider a very important form of proof. You’ll have a strong foundation for your lawsuit if the medical reports appear to have been altered.
How reliable is your physician?
In order to have a string case, we will assess your physician’s track record. In case we find the physician has a series of lawsuits then this could imply that the person has a pattern of malpractice. We work with both investigators and medical experts to get all the information you need to make your lawsuit successful.
The value of legal representation
At Ken Frankel, we help you to get the appropriate compensation you need. With the help of Fort Lauderdale medical malpractice lawyer, you can receive compensation for:
- Medical expenses both past and future.
- Pain and suffering both past and future.
- Loss of wages/income or employment benefits both past and future.
- Life care costs whenever necessary
Call Ken M Frankel a Fort Lauderdale medical malpractice lawyer to set up a free consultation and get the damages you are entitled to.